Software Engineer / Blockchain
Blockchain XDEV is a leading and fast growing blockchain agency specialized in guiding clients of all sectors in making the most of decentralization technology no matter the transformation project.
We are looking for software engineers from a variety of technical backgrounds with a proven track record in building scalable, reliable and performant systems. You will play a critical role in evolving our blockchain platform which drives our client’s products.
Our engineering teams are involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution and shipping. We are looking for software engineers who care about software excellence, are advocates of best practices and love learning new skills.
Our development team is tackling some of the most interesting application in the blockchain space while rapidly and securely scaling an asset blockchain platform that touches several industrial domains. We want you to join us!
What you will do (Responsibilities and Duties)
- Be a part of a dedicated engineering team committed to rapidly shipping, and iterating on solutions through various stages of development and production.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code using the latest development best practices.
- Optimise existing systems for scalability, extensibility, performance whilst building out reusable, modular code for use across Blockchain’s products.
- Get exposure to the latest technologies and developments in a technology and product driven company.
- Document new solutions as well as maintaining that of existing ones
- Proactively collaborate with team members, ensuring the sharing of knowledge and efficient division of labour.
- Work within interdisciplinary teams to continually deliver the highest quality software to our clients.
What you will need (Qualifications and Skills)
- Proficiency in code versioning tools, such as Git.
- A language agnostic mentality. Interest and ability to rapidly learn whatever language is best for the job.
- You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- You understand requirements beyond the written word and have a sharp eye.
- Integrity, discipline, and team work ethic are three of your core values.
- Deep interest in blockchain technology.
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English.
- Based in Barcelona
- Existing experience with blockchain technologies like Ethereum, Parity, Quorum, Multichain, Hyperledger Fabric with a deep understanding of blockchain principles and challenges (privacy, security, performance, etc..)
- Passion for: Decentralized applications / systems, ‘Political’ systems (both historical and on the blockchain), Incentive structures and Game theory, Payments and payments related systems.
- Agile (scrum and Kanban ) and pair programming experience.
- Management experience.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience of writing scientific/technical publications.
- Open source contributions.